Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair
Feb 13, 2010

Love Run

Today was a chance to put some of the morning runs in to action.  The run was at Gosforth racecourse (no meetings there today!) and was in aid of Action Duchenne if you would like to make a donation.  Action Duchenne raises money and awareness for Duchenne, a muscle deteriorating disease, currently with no cure.  The heart being a muscle, the run was chosen to coincide with Valentines day - hence love run.  The run was a 10k around the golf course and due to the morning rain it was very muddy! I was looking for any time below an hour and I would be happy.  Matthew on the left was looking to beat his time of 53mins that he achieved last time round a 10k.  I managed a respectable 54 mins and Matthew takes home the honours with a 52 min run.


Whilst I was running at Newcastle racecourse the action was happening at Newbury with Denman the hot (1.16) favourite - AP McCoy riding. The other P Nicholls horse was Tricky Trickster ridden by Ruby Walsh.  I had greened up a whopping 85 pence before the race and watched the pictures on television. Denman looked great the first lap but caught a fence on the second and McCoy managed somehow to stay on, only to jump far too early on the next fence and get totally dismounted. The horse looked fine but this must surely dent the Denmania that has been going around. Incidentally, Tricky Trickster just nodded the lead for a photo finish. Exciting stuff, bring on the Cheltenham festival.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Can you explain the comment I greened up a whopping 86p?

Congrats on the run - I think I would struggle to drive 10km that fast at the moment!

J

firedave said...

Hi Jon,

Good to hear from you. I have published a post about trading which covers the topic of greening up.

Cheers for the congrats - starting to feel a little fitter although know I can do a lot better :)