Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair

Some fascinating races today. One thing I was trying harder to do today was when spotting an entry, taking it. Then make the most of it.  I was also being very careful to cut losses as soon as the entry didn't look to be as good as it initially did.  The first 9 races, I could see this paying off until I left an open order in and it catching me out as it went in play.  I refocused and made half of it back again over the remaining races until I did the same thing again and after spotting it was in play still didn't close it out - I need to make up something really unpleasant to do to stop me doing this.  I managed to turn it around in the last few races and end the day positive £14.76.  I can't call this a win though as the mistakes were just too high.

One of the interesting things today saw a 1000-1 in running actually go on to win the race.

The horse was Open Day and you can see that £11 was matched in play - this means that some poor soul will be £5.5k down!  The rider was obviously A.P. McCoy but he really wasn't even in the shot with 2 to go.

2 comments:

D.Halliday said...

Sounds like prime territory for having a punt with a back, as opposed to risking a pointless lay, without being a professional bookmaker!

Paul said...

why not record your transactions, and let the 'puter tell you to get out?