Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair
Feb 2, 2010

Day 2

Racing at both Southwell all weather and Taunton today.  An extra 6 markets from yesterday.  The problem with the additional markets meant I was feeling a bit rushed - didn't need to be as there was plenty of time and it takes a while before the volume from the previous market comes into the next before trading can really start.

The first couple of markets were OK. Southwell 1400 I got completely wrong and should've closed out for a small loss but left in play.  This threw me entirely and I had to take a break to regain composure.  When coming back to it I had only missed the one market and had a good steady block of markets all the way to the last two. For reasons not known to me I took a punt at, the first didn't come in then the second did except I traded this one out!

Strike rate today was 61.54 - I accredit this to there being mainly swing markets today. This really is my weakness and I need to figure out how to play these a lot better. The scalping markets of today were all pretty good and I did well in.

Tomorrow is another day with a lot of markets on the card (even at Newcastle!) so will need to pick the best ones to get involved with.

Note to self: Don't punt. Don't let the market go in play. No excuse.

0 comments: