Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair
Apr 21, 2010

Projects...

It's been a few days since I've last posted, and I wanted to let everyone know that things are still going well! I was often getting to the end of the day pretty exhausted and not wanting to see the computer for a little while and started to chill out for the evening. This meant I missed out on posting to the world and receiving your comments. Thank you to everyone who emailed me asking what had happened though, as I don't want to lose the committed followers I have.  This image is the best trading situation I've managed to put myself in. It shows every outcome greened up to £9.70.  I mainly wanted to post this as a target to beat and remind me that I can achieve good results if I set my mind on it.

Another project I have been working on is a software application to provide additional charting.  This was to show traditional trading indicators, oscillators and such on the real time data feed from BetFair. This showed some really interesting trends and patterns emerging.  I was wondering what the interest would be for me to share the application to other traders. I have set up a poll on the right hand side of the blog for you to give me some feedback as to whether I should polish the application off and make available. Any more detailed comments you would like to leave please leave them on this post as a comment.  I know there are a few applications out there that let you show additional charting however, most of them require extra software to use and not just your BetFair login. Any comments are more than welcome.

5 comments:

Marek said...

I have to say I was a bit worried by the lack of posts. Good that everything is alright, though! Take care and see you (I hope) soon :)

Anonymous said...

Hi

I have been thinking about the same projekt whit additional charting. I have been looking at the "find a developer" forum on betfair. Who and how did you get this exstra graph. And how much did you pay for it ?? maybe it is the same as I have been thinking about.

I am very interested in this additional charting

firedave said...

Hi Anonymous!

I have written these additional charts myself to help with making decisions on swing trading in particular. They are a collection of trading indicators used on the sports markets provided from the BetFair API. I am a developer myself so didn't need to pay anyone else to make these for me.

One of the projects I am looking at at the moment is whether it would be of any value to other traders if I were to make the project available to them. This would mean I would need to tweak how the charts look as they are a little rough and ready! I would also need to work out a mechanism to allow traders to have access to my application (whether this is a website etc.)

Anonymous said...

Hi firedave, and thanx for your reply.

I would most diffenty be interested in your charting. Also do you do any work for other people ?? The reason I ask is because I have my own projekt for charting. So I am on the lookout for a developer that could do this work for me. I will ofcourse pay for your time.

If you are interested, please write you e-mail and I will send you a screen shot and a full description of the projekt

firedave said...

Hi Anonymous,

If you could email me on my profile email that would be best.

Click on my picture and an email option should come up. It could be I have already written what you are after! :P