Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair
Aug 11, 2009

Day 13

The races seemed to be more scalpable today than yesterday which helped to grind out some wins but there were still a fair few swinging markets. I feel as though I am improving in analysing how races will move in swinging markets but perhaps not backing myself on the big swinging markets. There is a tendency for races that have 1 or 2 clear favourites to have lots of swings represented by the long term graph. The market will oscillate if it has already oscillated and will tend to carry on coming in if that is what it has done already. These long term graphs give the flavour of the markets future and I often felt silly for not trusting my initial instincts because instead of minimizing losses I would be maximizing gains in the closing of trades.

So important advice to myself from the last two weeks is discipline, wait, and have confidence in my own predictions.

0 comments: