Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair
Mar 8, 2010

Dave Gorman



Last night we had the pleasure of attending Dave Gorman's stand up routine at the Theatre Royal in Newcastle. My girlfriend and I have been fans of Dave's for a while.  I first was introduced to him by another Dave in his Astrological experiment. If you get the chance to watch his BBC 2 series it is a definite laugh.  He then wrote a couple of books you may have come across, his first "Are you Dave Gorman?" and then the Googlewhack adventure.  His sense of humour and his friend Danny Wallace are two people I have been itching to see and when they came to Nookassia we jumped at the chance.

He's asked us not to talk too much about the performance so as not to spoil it for others but the basic premise is stand up comedy. I hope this doesn't spoil it for anyone. :) Another interesting thing is that his cardigan was definitely purple - and that looks blue, so either I drank too much or he was standing under a red light?!

From a trading perspective - today I had decided to use slightly larger stakes and my first couple of races saw a few issues with this. I made a couple of losses totalling £117.  I felt a little phased at first but got down to trading like normal but with the larger stakes and it started to feel natural again. I managed to claw back most but not all of the loss leaving me with a negative day of -£26.92.  This is going to sound a little silly, but even though it was a negative day I feel like I learned a lot and am raring for tomorrow to have a chance to take profit.

5 comments:

Ben said...

just so you know. today is the first day that a google of firedave blog brings you up as result number 1.

firedave said...

Ha ha - all those other firedave blogs out there, eat their heart out! :P

It would be pretty good to be on the first page of trading betfair blogs but there are some serious contenders for this!

Cheers for the heads up Ben. :D

Robbie Chicago said...

Hi Dave. I'm off to see Mr Gorman in a few weeks and am really annoyed that you've spoiled the whole show for me now ;-)

Despite this, I can't wait. Saw Googlewhack live when he toured with it and I can honestly say it was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Anyhoo, in other news, I've only just come across your blog, but I've added it to my blogroll. Any chance you could reciprocate?

Cheers, and keep up the good work!
Rob.

firedave said...

You'll absolutely love it if you enjoyed the googlewhack adventure. That was probably one of the funniest shows I've watched and this one certainly lived up to it. Hope he does a good one for you! :)

D.Halliday said...

I like Dave Gorman too, I wish I had gone to that. Just going to read your next couple of days stats, so excited to see how slightly larger stakes are workin!