Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair
Aug 11, 2008

A good half hour...

Well I was getting itchy for a bit of trading. Having not done any for the last couple of weeks due to time pressures, I was wanting to have a quick session on Bet Angel. I opened up the market and selected a few markets to trade in the next half hour. The first race got off well with spotting the swing and taking a few ticks. I followed up with chasing the swing the other direction and made myself £2.56 after greening. OK, not huge amounts, but I was only using a £2 minimum bet...

I thought to myself, I can see what is happening here, let's try using the tick size as previously discussed. I set the tick size to £1, so every tick I make will make £1 before greening up. Had another stormer, where I had £10 on the favourite before greening. This turned into £3.01 after greening. I did 2 other races which were fairly small earners, dipped in and scratched out as I saw the money turning against me.

I know £5.57 isn't a lot, but with a bank of £90 it is a decent percentage. I think I will definitely continue with the tick size now my bank is large enough to sustain it. It also is becoming more profitable for the time invested. I think when I can get the tick size to be around £3-£5 it will be a lot more worth the time. On average, I will be hoping to take £5-£10 per race... but I will keep you posted on how that will pan out!

0 comments: