Firedave trading Betfair with Bet Angel

Documenting my experiences with Bet Angel using BetFair. This will be used to record my progress as I take trading on full time.

Bet Angel - The most effective tool for Betfair

Today I was looking to be more aggressive in scalping and ease off on the swinging markets by being less greedy which was landing me in trouble yesterday.

The day started off with several markets that I had identified as scalpable so I came in blazing but there wasn't quite the stability I was hoping on them and would have mini swings which meant I lost money. The first four races I traded I lost money on for one or two reasons; I was unlucky that I wasn't getting both sides of the scalps filled or my judgement was off. I had just come in from a run and raced round the house to get ready for the days racing and it may have shown in the trading. I shall set my day up a little better so that I can chill out for at least half an hour before settling down to trade.

The interesting race of the day was the 4 o'clok at Goodwood. I was trading on the top 3 and built up a nice amount from some aggressive scalping. When the horses were heading into the stalls the second favourite Highland Glen began to play up and I immediately lay it. The more it played up the happier I was getting. I was deciding how greedy to be so my plan was once it gets into the stalls I back. That horse did not start and not only did I not get the vast amount from the horse playing up, I didn't get the traded money before the horse played up either, which sucked.

All of the other races I traded well and the swing races I traded well by thinking further about the best time to attempt a trade which generally worked. Tomorrow I will try to do more of the same and get a little bit better at all the things I have learnt so far.

Today's p&l £0.98 (All stakes used were £2)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! You're doing well for your second day. Keep making the profit and cut down the losses and you can start to look at increasing your tick size.

firedave said...

Cheers for the support. Still trying to cut the losses although I had a big loss today. Oh well tomorrow's a new day.